International Student (I-20) Admissions
Thank you for expressing an interest in Hope Lutheran School. As you will see when you tour the campus and meet the staff, children, and families of Hope Lutheran, it is the people and nurturing environment that make Hope a special place for your child’s education.
An I-20 is a U.S. Government document that is needed to apply for the F-1 Student Visa. Once you get the I-20: pay your I-901 fee and make an appointment at your local US Embassy to apply for the F-1 Student Visa. (This can be done up to 5 months before the start of school). If your student already has an F-1 Student Visa, he or she would be a “transfer” student from another U.S. school, Fees are the same. You must finish all documents and fees before the previous school is asked to transfer the I-20 to Hope Lutheran.
Below is an outline of the admissions process for International (I-20) for grades K-8 students that may answer many of the questions about how to enroll your child at Hope Lutheran, what information or items are needed from you and what to expect from Hope during the process.
- Schedule a personal tour of our campus, to meet with our Principal. Informational packets are provided during the tour, and students are always welcome to tour with a parent/guardian. For families abroad, contact our main office and the application materials will be emailed or mailed directly. Items included:
- International Student Application for Admissions Packet
- International Tuition Rates
Submit the below documents to start the application process:
- Admissions Application
- I-20 Application
- Tuition Contract
- Guardianship Authorization Form – Notarized
- Housing Guardian Questionnaire
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Financial Evidence
- Copy of Grades/Transcripts – Translated
- Academic Background
- Principal Recommendation Form/Letter
- Submit payment Application and Deposit Fees
- Schedule a Video interview with our Principal Scott Ferguson for the student and parent
Once documents have been reviewed and approved, Hope will review and complete Form I-20 and send to the student.
When the VISA has been issued:
- Fax or email a copy of F-1 VISA
- Copy of Immunization Record-Translated
- Copy of Medical Insurance
- Submit final payment of fees:
- Balance of Tuition
- The balance of Additional Fees
- Optional Fundraiser support
I-901 Fee Payments and Status Checking – Department of Homeland Security
Locate your U.S. Embassy in your home country
Wait times for your Embassy interview and General Information – U.S. Department of State
General Student and Immigration information – Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Student and Exchange Visitor Program – SEVIS
U.S. Department of State general information
U.S. Colleges general information – Education USA
Medical insurance is mandatory for all international students, as well as all immunizations, must be up to date. One company, ISM, offers 3 plans for international students in need of medical insurance or you may contact your local medical insurance agency.
We are looking forward to partnering with you in the education of your child and pray that you and your family will be richly blessed at Hope Lutheran School.